Saturday, November 17, 2007

Clubbing Frenzy

I thought it was going to be fun. Well it was for a while....but clubbing is once again losing its appeal and I begin to remember why I stopped going in the first place. In the span of one month I have clubbed six times or so. It was exhilarating on the first time, then it got better, the photo taking was fun too.

The drinks were okay too, but then I don't drink much *snicker*. Just the last night of clubbing, I realised I have reached my peak already and the feeling of emptiness has set in. Meeting new people is nice, but I would like to meet people under a more toned down setting.

The painted faces, gyrating bodies and vacuous smiles does not bode well for a future for a finding a settling-down partner. Not that I want to rush into marriage but sometimes i just feel that I can do something more with my life. I want to.....just cannot find the motivation to do so.

At 28, my achievements are mediocre, at this rate I will never make it big. I wish could stop bitching about it and do something instead but currently my hands are tied for the next 3 years.

I feel so bloody dispassionate about what I do for a living, when I entered the workforce, I truly thought that I would be in a organization that can make a difference in society but that's simply looking at life through rose-tinted lenses.

I have a responsibility to my job and owe it to my parents to have made it this far. There maybe someone just round the corner but life is so filled with uncertainties that even that possibility may seem like an impossibility.

Wait, a sudden realisation hit me again....without friends I am nothing. I digress.....

I must be positive
I must be positive
I must be positive
I must be positive
I must be positive
I must be positive
I must be positive
I must be positive
I must be positive

Ok, I am now positive!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey man.. i was just going to jio the hall peeps to go cheong when I return from HK! :P

The @ne said...

hi andros.. been a very long time since i last saw u haha. btw i don't think ur achievements are mediocre. i know u're doing great like u've always been.

i guess u have a big dream. well i do too. but worry not abt time. keep working on it but dun rush. u might miss out alot in between while rushing. simple things do make a big difference.

in the end, life is a journey not a destination.

best regards and take care :)