Monday, December 3, 2007

Its the most wonderful time of the year!

Alright people we have finally made it to December 2007! Woooooohooooooo! In my opinion, its the best damn freaking month of the year! Its not just the because Christmas is round the corner or because of New Year's Eve. December is a month that represents closure and it also represents a period of reflection.

I certainly have done my own reflection of 2007. I felt in general, I have had a pretty good year with the obvious exceptions of two major boo-boos at work and my breakup. I guess I learnt to take things in my stride and always, always, always look on the bright side of life.

I also strongly believe that whatever happens to me, happens for a reason. Call it fate, luck or god's will, if things have not happened the way they did I certainly would not be where I am today.

The curious thing is that all the good things that happened, happened only after the breakup. For one thing, I became closer to the Velvetine girls and have almost become a "sister" to them.
I also managed to re-established contact with one of my "long-lost" cousins and have made acquaintances with some of her cooler friends.(haha) But I guess the most important event that occurred was meeting a certain someone who somehow made me feel I could love again.

I know some people who know me will feel that this is like a normal kind of thing for me but what most people don't know is that I have cried my eyes out everytime I go through a breakup. I put up a happy front so that no one will know my true suffering but the pain and sorrow is all there. I carry it with me everyday, the lucky thing is that the period of carrying the emotional baggage is over.

The very thought of finding someone so quickly often frightens me and sometimes leaves me skeptical. I question myself whether that someone is a rebound? The answer at first was so unclear, but very quickly the answer revealed itself....

Anyways, I am definitely looking forward to all the exciting things that will be happening next year.....especially the trip to Tokyo! I fervently wish that my life will get increasingly better and that my career will have more opportunities for growth!

But before we can even hit 2008, I need to start planning for my Christmas activities and presents.

Ah....This is truly a December to remember!

No comments: